The secret for a quick and easy fresh whipped cream.
Making your own fresh whipped cream is so much satisfying. All you need is a whipped cream dispenser, cream charger Nitrous Oxide (N2O) canisters, and some thickened cream. These are all available from our Cream Chargers webshop.
Most people also do not realize that when you use a whipped cream dispenser with Nitrous Oxide (N2O) cream chargers you can double the volume of whipped cream than if you are hand whipping cream with a beater. This is just one of the reasons that restaurants, chefs, coffee shops and bake shops often use a Nitrous Oxide (N20) cream whipper to make fresh whipped cream.
Follow the instructions below to make a perfectly delicious whipped cream every time!
1. Use A High-Quality Nitrous Oxide Whipped Cream Dispenser
Generally, a 0.5 liter cream whipper dispenser is the smallest size that I would recommend. A .5 litre model is great for four guests on average. Whippers do come in 1 liter capacity, which are suited to commercial applications that need a lot of Nitrous Oxide canister. But, the 0.5 Liter capacity is the most popular even amongst commercial users.
A 0.5 liter capacity whipper will take one Nitrous Oxide canister to whip the entire container. Larger 1 liter whippers may require two Nitrous oxide canisters.
2. Use High-Quality Cream
Which is the best cream to use? A high quality cream with a higher fat content is essential when making good whipped cream. A cream with 35% fat is suitable for whipping. Light creams can make whipped cream but heavy cream will whip better and holds it shape longer.
You can find creams suitable for whipping in our webshop.
3. Use High-Quality Nitrous Oxide (N20) Canisters
We only sell high quality Nitrous Oxide canisters that are recyclable (when empty) in out webshop.
4. Procedure When Using A Whipped Cream Dispenser
Using Nitrous Oxide powered cream whipper produces an instant whipped cream. Follow these simple steps;
- Unscrew the top/head to open the cream whipped dispenser and then put the cream, powdered sugar to taste etc. to the whipper. Make sure you do not fill beyond the maximum line. Do not over-fill.
- Screw the top/head of the dispenser back on. Now, you can put a Nitrous Oxide canister into the charger holder and screw it into the head of the dispenser. You should hear the gas release into the cream whipper.
- Gently shake the ingredients in whipper to combine.
- To dispense the whipped cream turn the dispenser up top/head side down and press the trigger/lever.
- You can enjoy delicious fresh whipped cream for up to 14 days. as long as you keep your dispenser with excess whipped creams in the fridge. The ‘use by’ or ‘best before’ date of the cream and other ingredients still applies when in the dispenser.
Check out this video that shows you how it is done.